This blog is useful for the beginners who want to learn Java from the beginning. Here I gave the Java introduction. It is just small introduction. So you can read till end of this blog.
Java is an object oriented programming language. It was developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems Inc in the year 1991, later acquired by Oracle Corporation.
To develop java programming, we should have JDK. JDK means Java Development Kit. And JRE required to run the Java program. JRE means the Java Runtime Environment.
Java uses the Compiler and Interpreter. Compiler used to compile the java code and convert it into the byte code. Java uses the compiler at compile time only. And Interpreted used at runtime for line by line execution. Java is a little bit slower than compiled languages.
- Standard Edition
- Standard edition comes with java basic packages like IO, collections, It helps us to develop the java standalone application.
- Enterprise Edition
- Enterprise Edition is consisted RMI, load balancing, messaging, transaction management etc. It helps us to develop the enterprise application, example banking application.
- Mobile Edition
- The Mobile Edition used to develop the mobile application. Example calculator, message app
- Java FX
Features of Java
- Java is very simple to learn when compare with other languages, It is developed from the C++. So if you know C++ you can easily learn the Java Programming.
- Object Oriented
- Java is an object oriented programming. In Java everything is an object. And java has Object class if you create any new class and it does not derive from any other class JVM will automatically extend the Object class at compile time.
- Java implements additional portability standards. For example, int are always 32-bit, 2’s-complemented integers. User interfaces are built through an abstract window system that is readily implemented in Solaris and other operating environments
- Platform independent
- Java is platform independent you can compile the your java code on windows platform and you can run that class file in MAC or any other platform
- Java is more secure and it can’t be hacked, because it runs on the JVM (Java Virtual Machine)
- Both the Java compiler and the Java interpreter provide extensive error checking. Java manages all dynamic memory, checks array bounds, and other exceptions.
- Architecture neutral
- Java will allocate same memory size on all environments. Example for int variable, the JVM will allocate 4byte in 64 bit OS. That same size will be allocated in 32 bit OS.
- Java uses interpreter at run time or line by line execution.
- High Performance
- The Java compiler compiles the java code into byte code, And the Java environment also compiles the Java bytecode into native machine code at runtime.
- Java allows us to develop the multithreaded programming. It will be performed more efficiently when comparing with the process.
- Java contains extensive TCP/IP networking facilities. Library routines support protocols such as HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and file transfer protocol (FTP).. So you can develop the application and that can be accessible through HTTP.
- Java is dynamic, it can be loaded the classes at runtime based on its needs.
Please check here to create your first Java Program